Built in 1958, the Red Barn was an old farmer’s barn that once housed a collection of antique cars and a foundry in the basement.
Carolyn Newkirk completely renovated it to its present look in 2000.
Meadows at Marshdale opened for business in January 2001.
In the spring of 2001, Carolyn landscaped the Mountainside Arbor to accommodate an outdoor ceremony.
After Carolyn’s death in January 2011, her daughter continued to manage the business from a distance.
On January 1, 2018, the Meadows at Marshdale became the Evergreen Red Barn.
In the last ten years, Evergreen Red Barn has hosted more than 400 weddings.